– Soil Type: Paludal, limestone, dating back to the Teritary period. Angular stones and
siliceous pebbles from the Black Mountains.
– Special Vintage Info:
Vinification / Winemaking:
– How grapes were handled: Grapes are picked when they are slightly overripe, then destemmed
and left to ferment
– Fermentation / Yeast Type / Vessel: A daily pumping over at a controlled temperature allows a
gentle and quality extraction.
– Fermentation Management: An everyday tasting defines the end of the post maceration.
– Reasons for this choice:
– Ageing – barrels / size / time: In new French oak barrels for 12 months (10% of the cuvee)
Ripe berries and liquorice notes, with a delicate grilled touch. On the palate the wine offers a
harmonious complexity with pronounced tannins and acidity. It is pleasantly warm, full bodied and