– Soil Type: Only 6kms, in a straight line, from the Pacific Ocean, the vineyards are planted in granite soil hills with a percentage of clay, of great depth and drainage. It has evolved soil derived from granitic rocks with a high content of quartz that interact with clays and decomposing quarts rock with high depth.
– Special Vintage Info: The average maximum temperatures for the month of January do not exceed 23 o C. It is ideal for strains such as Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Gris, Pinot Noir and Syrah. It produces wines of a unique fruit expression, very fresh and elegant. Paredones vineyards have pioneered the new high quality region for cold weather wines in Chile.
Vinification / Winemaking:
– How grapes were handled: 100% Manual in small trays of 10 kilograms
– Fermentation / Yeast Type / Vessel: The grape stays in the cold storage until they reach 3 ° C and then goes through manual selection of grapes and full bunch press. Racking and fermentation with controlled temperature during 24 days
– Fermentation Management:
– Reasons for this choice:
– Ageing – barrels / size / time: 100% in stainless steel tanks
Pale yellow with green hues, clean and brilliant. High aromatic intensity, with notes of orange blossom, lemon yellow, white pear, fresh pineapple and bay leaves. The palate is high, fresh, good acidity volume and character appear herbaceous and citrus flavours with a slight hint of salinity at the end. The finish is balanced and floral.