Casa Silva Cool Coast Paredones Estate Sauvignon Blanc
100% Sauvignon Blanc
Colchagua Valley, Chile
Vineyard / Estate / Viticulture:
– Soil Type: Only 6kms, in a straight line, from the Pacific Ocean, the vineyards are planted in granite soil hills with a percentage of clay, of great depth and drainage. It has evolved soil derived from granitic rocks with a high content of quartz that interact with clays and decomposing quarts rock with high depth
– Special Vintage Info: The average maximum temperatures for the month of January do not exceed 23 o C. It is ideal for strains such as Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Gris, Pinot Noir and Syrah. It produces wines of a unique fruit expression, very fresh and elegant. Paredones vineyards have pioneered the new high quality region for cold weather wines in Chile.
Vinification / Winemaking:
– How grapes were handled: 100% hand picked grapes, pre-selected in the vineyard according to quality classification and ripeness
– Fermentation / Yeast Type / Vessel: Grapes cooled down below 5ºC upon arrival at the winery Hand sorting of bunches before press to select only the best. Crushing of whole bunches and immediate juice separation without maceration. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 24 days at 13ºC.
– Fermentation Management:
– Reasons for this choice:
– Ageing – barrels / size / time: 100% in stainless steel tanks.