– Soil Type: Granitic soils with presence of red clay and quartz gravel
– Special Vintage Info: Fundo Paredones, Cold Coast of the Colchagua Valley. Only 9kms from the Pacific Ocean, the farm has a strong influence of the Humboldt current, with summer temperatures of maximum 25 o C on average.
Vinification / Winemaking:
– How grapes were handled: 100% hand picked in 10kg boxes
– Fermentation / Yeast Type / Vessel: The grapes are entered into cold chambers until they reach 3°C. Manual selection of clusters and whole cluster pressing. Finally the overflow is done by natural decantation and fermentation with temperatures from 14-15°C for 21 days. 30% of this wine finished its fermentation in French barrels for 3 months
– Fermentation Management: Management of lees 2 times a week until one week before bottling.
– Reasons for this choice:
– Ageing – barrels / size / time: 70% Stainless Steel, 30% in French barrel.
Faint greenish yellow. Complex aromas of citrus, minerals, notes to grapefruit, palm honey and light clove notes through the barrel. Powerful acidity, very balanced on the palate, with structure and honeyed character, Elegant and pleasant finish.