30 Homefield Road Wimbledon Village London SW19 4QF Telephone 020 8947 9722 Fax 020 8944 1048 or 020 8947 9645
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Jackson Nugent Vintners Limited are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, so this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. By personal information, we mean your name, email address, phone number and the company you work for.
1. Who we are?
We are Jackson Nugent Vintners Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘JNV’). We, including our Data Protection Officer, can be contacted at 30 Homefield Road, Wimbledon Village, London SW19 4QF, Telephone: 020 8947 9722, Email: email@example.com.
2. What information do we collect and why?
JNV hold business-related data on you which is either collected through your use of our website or given to us when you set up an account or give us permission to send you updates through our consent form.
Data collected through the website:
- JNV collects information about your computer, your visits to and your use of this website (including geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation)
- Information that you provide to JNV when you register as a website user
- JNV does not collect your IP address to identify or track you
Data given to JNV by you:
- Your contact details at account set up
- Your contact details provided when you consent to our sending you updates on pricing, press reviews, promotions or tastings
3. How we use your information:
Personal information will be used for the purposes outlined below. We will not provide your personal information to any third parties, unless obliged to do so.
|Type of Information||Purpose|
|Client/potential client/supplier, name, address, telephone number, email address||Ensure details are correct for servicing, order and delivery|
|Client/potential client/supplier bank account details||To facilitate payment/send invoices and statements/collect payments|
|Client/potential client/supplier confirmation of consent to use name, address and email address||To provide client/potential client/ supplier consent to be contacted and sent general (non-marketing) commercial communications, newsletters and updates relating to our business, such as invitations to tastings which JNV think may be of interest to you, and which you have consented to receive, by email or similar technology by JNV;
Improve the browsing experience of client(s)/potential client/supplier by personalising the website;
Enable use of the services available on the website by client/potential client/ supplier;
Consent can be withdrawn by email or letter to JNV
|Credit check information||To assess credit worthiness for trading purposes|
|Own staff employee, name, address, telephone number and email address. Age, general, joining date, job description, length of service, salary and other benefits, holiday entitlement and notice period||Managing the relationship with employees as required by Law and legitimate interests in ensuring the efficient operation of the business|
6. How long do we keep your information?
JNV use, or may use in the future, social media plugin functionality such as Facebook (Like and Share buttons), their policy is listed here:
JNV also use Twitter (Retweet and Tweet buttons), their policy is listed here:
- If required to do so by law or in connection with any legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
8. Security of your personal information
8.1 JNV will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
8.2 JNV will store any personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers.
8.3 Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and JNV cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. When using the website, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. JNV will not ask you for your password (except when you log into the website).
8.4 JNV will not transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area without your consent
8.5 JNV have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorised alternation or destruction
8.6 For any payments which JNV take from you online, we will use a recognised online secure payment system
8.7 JNV will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk
9. How long do we keep your information
9.1 JNV will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a client of JNV. JNV will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If JNV decide that we are not entitled to do so, JNV will stop processing your personal data, except that we will retain your personal data in an archived format in order to comply with future legal obligations. JNV securely destroys all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
9.2 When you cease to be a client for JNV, your records and other items of documentation should be retained by you to satisfy your statutory obligations. JNV will be pleased to retain any original documents that legally belong to you on request. However, after a period of 6 months, JNV cannot be held responsible for their safekeeping and we may destroy documents and records that we hold without further notice.
10. Your Rights
You Have rights under the GDPR:
- To access your personal data
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data corrected
- To have your personal data erased (subject to legal exceptions)
- To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding JNV’s data processing practices to The Data Protection Officer, Jackson Nugent Vintners Limited, 30 Homefield road, Wimbledon Village, London, SW19 4QF.
11. Policy Amendments
12. Updating information
Please let JNV know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
13. Data Breach
JNV will report any unlawful data breach of their database(s) to all relevant authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen or lost.
In the event of a major data breach, our Disaster Recovery or Crisis Management team will take whatever action is required to assess and resolve the situation.
14. Data Controller
The Data Controller of this website is Julie Jackson of Jackson Nugent Vintners Limited, whose registered office is 30 Homefield Road, Wimbledon Village, London SW19 4QF or email firstname.lastname@example.org